Monday, October 14, 2013

The Tides in North Haledon



The food was so good I wanted to cry.   I have not only attended this hall as a DJ, but as a guest as well and I have never been disappointed.  We entertained a wedding over the weekend and I think The Tides became my favorite hall.  They say you can win a man's heart through his stomach and how true that is.  While The Tides is an exquisite hall, like many, the food is above the quality of many of the halls in which we perform.  Yes DJ's eat too.

After Chris and I finished out Piano and Sax set for cocktail hour, we were given some time to indulge in the appetizers.   Seafood, select meats, pastas, fruits, salads, eggplant rollentini, and so much food I couldn't even hit all the stations.   Most of the other halls have some selections like this, but there was something about the quality of the cocktail hour food at The Tides.

After having a blast of a first set, we came to dinner and was offered filet mignon.  Despite the fact that I've eaten at hundreds of hall, this was the best.  I think it was the extra gravy they provided with the tender filet that had the steak go down like butter.  Oh so good!

This wasn't even the best part. After a few more rockin dance sets of live performing, The Tides opened up the Vieneese Dessert Stations.  Just think of a dessert, and it was there.  I wanted to cry after I filled myself up on Cholcolate and Peanut Butter cheesecake and red velvet deliciousness that I was full and could go back for the other desserts.  Ice cream cakes, cupcakes, waffle stations, coffee bar with your choice liqueors, etc.

Excellent job for The Tides.  The staff was great the Materdee was easy to work with, the room and the outside grounds were fantastic, the room sounded great for our performances, and the food was outstanding.  Looking forward to going back again. Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment